Now we never had a wedding planner at our wedding, in fact, we had multiple spreadsheets and notebooks and it was all a little messy. Looking back at it all, if we had the money we’d still probably not get a wedding planner because we loved being able to do it all ourselves, that doesn’t mean people don’t want a wedding planner though!
When we went to wedding fares, and wedding shows and reached out to people online we found loads of wedding planners and we ended up talking to quite a few ourselves but never really clicked with anyone. We had a huge list of questions, like the 40 questions to ask a wedding planner below so hopefully you’ll have everything you need if you decide to go for a wedding planner.
Why Have A Wedding Planner?
I’m not going to lie, I think wedding planners are more for the USA and rich people. I say that because everyone we know who has got married never had a wedding planner and they were “the typical” UK folk getting married. I also associate wedding planners with movies so that’s why I think about the States as having all the wedding planners.
If you can afford a wedding planner and you actually want a wedding planner, go for it. It can save so much time and hassle. The only bit of advice I have is to make sure you like them, they are planning your big day after all.
- Planning a wedding is a lot of work. There are so many details to take care of, and it can be overwhelming. A wedding planner can help you with everything from finding a venue to booking vendors to creating a seating chart.
- A wedding planner can save you time and money. They have relationships with vendors and can often get you discounts. They can also help you negotiate prices and find the best deals.
- A wedding planner can help you create the wedding of your dreams. They have a wealth of experience and can help you make sure that your wedding is everything you’ve ever wanted.
- A wedding planner can take the stress out of planning your wedding. They can handle all of the details so that you can relax and enjoy the process.
40 questions to ask a UK wedding planner
I’ve mentioned it before but make sure you like your wedding planner and you vet them well. They will be dealing with so much for you, and the last thing you want is for them to mess up either by accident or on purpose. If you are planning an LGBTQ+ wedding, make sure your wedding planner knows this and make sure they’re not prejudiced in any way.
40 Questions To Ask A Wedding Planner:
- How long have you been a wedding planner?
- What is your experience with weddings?
- What is your style?
- Do you have a portfolio I can look at?
- Can you customise your services to fit our needs?
- Can you accommodate our special requests?
- What is your pricing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do you have any additional fees?
- Do you have any equipment requirements?
- How many people will be on your team?
- What is your dress code?
- Do you have any dietary restrictions?
- Can you provide references?
- Can you provide a timeline for the day?
- Can you help us find vendors?
- Can you negotiate prices with vendors?
- Can you help us with the logistics of the day?
- Can you handle any unexpected events that may come up?
- What happens if you get sick or injured?
- What happens if there is bad weather?
- What happens if there is a power outage?
- What happens if there is a technical difficulty?
- What happens if we are not happy with your services?
- What happens if we need to make changes to our plans?
- What happens if we need to cancel our wedding?
- What happens if we need to reschedule our wedding?
- Do you have any questions for us?
- What can we do to make your job easier?
- What can we do to make your experience more enjoyable?
- Why should we hire you?
- What makes you different from other wedding planners?
- What is your availability for our wedding date?
- Do you have any experience planning weddings in our budget range?
- What is your process for planning a wedding?
- How will you communicate with us throughout the planning process?
- What are your thoughts on our wedding vision?
- Do you have any concerns about our wedding plans?
- Have you planned any same-sex weddings?
- Do you wedding plan LGBTQ+ weddings?
It is important to ask questions and get to know your wedding planner before you make a decision. This will help you ensure that you are working with someone who shares your vision and can help you plan the wedding of your dreams. Plus you’re handing over money so you want to make sure you get what you’re paying for!
How Much Is The Average UK Wedding Planner?
If you’re going to hire a wedding planner, know now that they aren’t cheap and if they are they might not be that good. There are of course many reasons why wedding planners are so expensive and one of them is convenience. If you order online you’ll pay shipping because you don’t want to go to the shops, it’s kind of like that.
The average cost of a wedding planner in the UK is £3,000 – £10,000+. The price can vary depending on a number of factors, such as the experience of the planner, the length of the event, and the type of services you require. It’s important to get quotes from a few different planners before making a decision. You wouldn’t buy an item on the first website you see if you can get it cheaper on another would you, think of finding a UK wedding planner like that!
Here are some factors that can affect the cost of a wedding planner:
- Experience: More experienced planners will typically charge more.
- Location: Planners in major cities will typically charge more than those in smaller towns.
- Services: Some planners offer a full range of services, while others only offer partial planning or day-of coordination.
- Size of the wedding: The larger the wedding, the more the planner will charge.
- Date of the wedding: Weddings during peak season (May-September) will typically cost more than those during the off-season (October-April). So if you’re looking for a winter wedding, you might find it a lot cheaper for a wedding planner and actually a lot of wedding suppliers.
Other Wedding Posts
If you’re looking to plan a wedding there are loads of things you’re going to need to know in order to create the perfect day, or at least as close to perfect as you can because let’s face it, something always goes wrong and that just can’t be helped!
30 Questions to Ask Wedding Entertainment
If you’re looking for unique wedding entertainment, I have everything you need! In this wedding entertainment article, you’ll find 30 informative questions to ask any wedding entertainer and you’ll also find some fun ideas for wedding entertainment as well!
34 Questions To Ask Your Wedding DJ
Having a wedding DJ can be a nightmare, so ask all the right questions when you pick one. If you have a wedding planner they should be able to suggest some DJs that fit with the wedding you want but if you don’t use a wedding planner, make sure you ask the questions in the post!
Pros and Cons of Having A Wedding Planner?
You might be thinking that having a wedding planner is a great idea, well I wouldn’t want you to walk away without the pros and cons of having a UK wedding planner because it’s not all good. Of course, the main thing is the price, if you’re trying to do a budget wedding, this won’t be something you want to pay out for that’s for sure.
Take a look at the three main pros and cons of having a wedding planner below and make the choice for yourself. It’s a personal preference if you want a wedding planner or not but if you decide to hire one, don’t forget to ask them the 40 questions to ask a wedding planner from this post!
- Save time and stress: Hiring a wedding planner can save you a lot of time and stress. They can handle all of the details, so you can focus on enjoying the planning process.
- Get expert advice: Wedding planners have a lot of experience and can offer expert advice on everything from choosing a venue to selecting vendors.
- Peace of mind: Knowing that your wedding is in good hands can give you peace of mind. You can relax and enjoy your big day knowing that everything is taken care of.
- Cost: Hiring a wedding planner can be expensive. The cost will vary depending on the planner’s experience and the services they offer.
- Lack of control: If you hire a wedding planner, you will need to give up some control over the planning process. The planner will make decisions about things like the venue, the menu, and the guest list.
- Personality clashes: It is important to find a wedding planner who you get along with and who shares your vision for your wedding. If you don’t feel comfortable with your planner, it can be a stressful experience.
Important Questions For a Wedding Planner Conclusion
Ultimately the choice of whether or not you want a wedding planner is up to you. Don’t let anyone pressure you into having a UK wedding planner and just because someone had a great wedding and may have used a wedding planner, that doesn’t mean you have to hire one.
We never had a wedding planner for our wedding, looking back now there were things that a wedding planner could have helped with, such as making sure our flowers actually arrived on time! If you’re great at planning though and don’t mind a bit of added stress, then don’t force yourself to get a wedding planner for the sake of it.
Wedding planners can be expensive so make sure you ask them the wedding planner questions above to ensure you’re getting the most from your money. If you decide not to have a wedding planner, just have a better honeymoon!
Don’t forget, if you know someone who is getting married soon or maybe just got engaged, send them this post so that they have all the information about wedding planners they could possibly want or need! You can also add this post to Pinterest below using the pictures. If you’re getting married soon and this post has helped you decide on a wedding planner or not, that’s great!
If you’re looking for more advice on what to ask wedding suppliers, check out some of our other posts:
- 30 Questions to Ask Wedding Entertainment
- 8 Wedding Tips For Planning The Perfect Wedding
- 14 Questions To Ask Your Wedding Cake Maker
- How To Create The Perfect Wedding Budget
- 30 Wedding Caterer Questions You Need To Ask!