We are getting married in 2019 and if you’ve ever been married you’ll know that there’s loads to do, loads to remember and it can be easy to forget bits. I’ve put together a few blog posts to help with preparing for you big day, 28 Questions To Ask A Wedding Photographer and 42 Questions To Ask A Potential Wedding Venue, so check them out if you need help in them areas. Today this post is going to cover the wedding florist, everything you should be asking them and all the important information you need to know so that you get all things flower related perfect for your wedding day! Who knows you might even find some new wedding ideas within this post.
Why Ask A Wedding Florist Questions?
Wedding questions are important to make sure you have a great wedding day, don’t forget anything and you know what you’re paying for because weddings aren’t cheap. When it comes to the wedding florist you still need to be asking questions, a lot of places will try and charge you even more because it’s for a wedding so make sure you shop around and ask everyone the questions. I thought it would be good if I put a list of questions for the wedding florist together so you didn’t forget anything. It’s also important to make sure you get what you want, ask for examples and don’t just let them dazzle you with exciting plans you can’t see!
48 Wedding Florist Questions
On the day questions, important questions to ask the florist about your wedding day.
- Is our wedding date available?
- How many weddings do you schedule for the day?
- Have you ever done events are my chosen venue before?
- Will you be doing my arrangements yourself or would it be another florist?
- How far in advance of the wedding will you create the bouquets and arrangements, and how are they stored?
- Which flowers will be in season when I marry?
- Which flowers will suit the style of our wedding?
Budget related questions to ensure you’re not spending too much.
- Do you require a minimum floral budget?
- Do you have an artifical flowers option? (Can be cheaper and can last forever).
- Can you work with my budget?
- What recommendations can you give me to maximize my budget?
- Do you offer specific packages or is everything customised?
Research questions, get to know a little more about the florist!
- How long have you been in business?
- How many weddings have you done?
- Do you have a portfolio of weddings you’ve recently done that I can browse?
- Have your staff had professional training?
Floral design questions and finding how the florist normally works.
- How would you describe your design style? (e.g. traditional, modern, rustic, organic etc.)
- Based on my wedding style and budget, what set of floral arrangements could I use?
- How will I get any rented equipment back to you?
- Is there an artificial option or do you only have fresh flowers?
- Which flowers would you recommend based on the time of year/season, colour palette, and budget?
- Are you able to provide organic, pesiticide-free, or sustainably grown flower varieties?
- Which flowers can be substituted to better fit my budget?
- If I give you a picture of a bouquet and/or centerpiece that I like, can you recreate it?
- What types of vases do you suggest? And do I rent the vases from you or do I get to keep them?
- What other décor elements can you provide (aisle runner, candelabras, trees, chuppah, votives, mirrors, etc.)? Are these rental items? How will these items affect the overall cost?
- Can you create sample arrangements before I sign the contract? If so, is there an additional fee to pay for this?
- Will you work with my cake designer if I decide to add flowers to my wedding cake? If so, is there an additional setup fee for this?
- What colour lighting would you recommend based on flowers and colour scheme?
- Can you assist me in the preservation of my bouquet after the wedding? If not, can you recommend someone?
All payment related questions to ask a wedding florist.
- How do you price your floral arrangements?
- Do you charge a delivery fee?
- Do you have an extra charge for the setup and breakdown of the floral décor?
- How long do you need to set up?
- What time will you arrive to deliver personal flowers and set up the ceremony and reception arrangements?
- Is there an extra fee if I need you to stay throughout the ceremony to move arrangements to the reception site?
- Are there any additional fees that have not already been taken into account? (hidden costs are the worst!)
- How far in advance do I need to secure your services?
- How much is the deposit and when is it due?
- When is the final payment due?
- When should I finalise the order?
- Will you provide me with a broken down floral proposal of all the elements we’ve discussed, along with prices?
- What is your refund policy if for some reason I need to cancel my order?
- When can I expect to receive my contract from you?
- Do you charge if I want to change elements to my order?
- If I take something off the order will the bill reduce?
- Do you charge for breakages?
- Do you have a charges breakdown for each individual aspect, can you email this?
Gettin The Right Answers From Your Wedding Florist!
It is super important to get the right answers for all the above questions, if a wedding florist is unable to answer simple questions like the ones listed here, that should throw up some red flags and you should re-evaluate the florist you’re speaking with and keep looking about. My advice would be to take a note book on the day and write down all the answers but when you get home send a follow up email with the questions in so that you have all the questions back from the florist in their own words, just in case you book with them and they go against their word. I’m hoping that the questions for wedding florists have been helpful.
It’s important to get the right florist, you’ll find that some do their own floral centerpieces and not just wedding flowers so it’s important to ask because it means you’re not looking for more with someone else which is great.
Wedding Florist Checklist
So when you’re planning your wedding and asking the florist a load of questions you need to make sure they do everything you want them to do. There is no point going with a florist if they’re unable to do everything that you have on your list. Here’s a floral checklist to ask your florist. If I’ve missed anything off the list please do let me know!
- Wedding bouquets (Bridesmaids bouquets, bridal bouquets etc.)
- Button holes
- Bridal coursarges
- Wedding centerpieces
- Decorations for the venue
- Cake decorations
Make sure you ask loads of questions for the qedding florist and get everything that you want. Don’t go with the first place because they dazzle you with amazing designs becase you might find someone who does the same thing at half the price. Make sure the wedding florist can do everything you need them to do and ask them if they offer any extras or discounts, you never know unless you ask. Finally don’t let them bully you into a design that you hate because that’s not going to make your wedding day the best day it could be, do what you want.