Picking a wedding venue can be really difficult, there are so many out there and they all come with different add ons and features. It can be a struggle to keep up with everything you want and you want to have a perfect wedding day which means you need to ask all the right questions, even more so when it comes to a wedding venue. I’m going to be talking about a wedding venue in this post and for the purpose of the post we’re going to imagine the reception and ceramony are in one place, everything is happening in one wedding venue.
Why Ask Wedding Venue Questions?
When you’re looking around wedding venues there’s loads that you need to keep in mind, it’s a better idea to have the questions ready before you go and have a look around, when you get there you’re either going to love it or hate it, hopefully love it! You’ll be so taken in with all the great, amazing features that the venue has you’re going to overlook the bad qualities or forget to ask the important questions and that’s why you need to have them ready and make sure you ask them. If you forget to ask the questions you’ll be sat there later on wishing you had and wondering about all the little things you need to know.
It’s a great idea to have a wedding venue checklist, if you’re fancy have them on a clipboard however we prefered to use our phones and we also had dedicated wedding planner notebooks that we used to keep track of everything, it’s really important to have a wedding planner of some sort just so you have all the notes! Plus if you have all the questions to ask the wedding venue written down before hand you’re not going to forget any important ones, so make sure you have that wedding venue questions checklist handy and ready!
Types Of Wedding Venues You Must Ask Questions At!
If you’re thinking of looking at unusual wedding venues and have some interesting ideas in mind for what you want on the big day, you really must be asking these questions. Some wedding venues have a no confetti rule, which we found out the hard way and others don’t allow photography outside. There are loads of things you need to be cautious about when you look at picking wedding venues and that’s why it’s so important to have a wedding venue questions checklist handy. The same goes with small wedding venues, there could be a limit of how many people you’re allowed at night and you might want to go over that so keep things like that in mind when looking at small wedding venues or unusual wedding venues.
42 Wedding Venue Questions
First initial questions to ask your wedding venue.
- The most important question; is the date you want free?
- How long can I provisionally hold a date for with a deposit?
- How much will the initial deposit be?
- When do we need to make our final payment?
- What’s the cancellation policy?
- Is the wedding venue available for exclusive hire?
- Do you have a wedding co-ordinator that’s here on the day?
- Who will be the point of contact in the lead-up to the wedding?
- Do you offer any packages or discounts?
- Do you have a prefered suppliers list?
- How many guests can you accommodate in the day and the evening?
- What areas will be available to us?
Ceremony wedding venue questions to ask.
- Does this venue allow legal wedding ceremonies?
- What is the changeover plan for converting from ceremony to reception?
- Are there any alternative (or outdoor) locations for non-legal ceremonies?
- Are fireworks/confetti allowed?
- Are there any decor restrictions? (Candels etc.)
- Are there areas for both of us to get ready in the morning?
- Can you play music during the ceremony?
Wedding breakfast questions to ask the wedding venue.
- Can we supply our own alcahol, if so is there a corkage fee?
- Do you have recommended suppliers or an in-house caterer?
- Are there any additional charges for bar staff or waiting staff?
- Do you cater for special dietary requirements? Coeliacs? Vegetarians?
- Are crockery and linen included in the price?
- What size tables do you have?
- What table options are there for the head table?
Wedding questions for the evening do!
- What evening food options do you offer?
- Can you accommodate a live band or DJ? When can they set up?
- What are your bar prices? Is there a deposit for minimal spend/deposit?
- Will guests be able to pay using card or is it cash only?
- What time will our evening reception need to finish?
Other wedding Venue Questions not to forget!
- Is there enough parking for all our guests?
- Can guests leave their cars in the car park overnight?
- Do you have disabled access?
- Is there somewhere we can securely store our wedding gifts?
- Is there a smoking area?
- Do you have any restrictions?
- Can we hang things on the wall or from the ceilings?
- Do you have public liability insurance?
- Will the venue clear everything away after the wedding or will we need to organise this?
- Are there any additional fees or charges we need to be aware of?
The Importance Of Picking The Right Wedding Venue!
It’s your day, your wedding day. Your wedding day is going to be one of them days that you remember for the rest of your life, you’re going to have some amazing photos and even better memories, so it only makes sense to have the setting of both memories and photos you have somewhere special. It doesn’t matter if you’re looking for outdoor wedding venues, small wedding venues or the perfect wedding venue; it has to be right for you. Ask all these questions and you’ll be able to make sure the wedding venue is one you want, you might have to make some compromisations but hopefully not on the big things that mean a lot.
A nice peice of advice that we found, if you feel that the wedding venue is “the one” and you have all the answers you could need, send a follow up email to make sure you get all the answers you want and written down from the venue, we found this out after getting a £400 charge we knew nothing about so make sure you ask the wedding venue about “hidden costs”.