If our wedding taught us anything it was to ensure you had the right entertainment and don’t just go with the first one you find or whatever the venue is trying to push. We had an amazing artist at our wedding, a caricature and people loved him. We also had a very homophobic DJ so that put a downer on the wedding. This is why I thought of this post, 30 questions to ask about wedding entertainment!
Finding Wedding Entertainment
Choosing the right wedding entertainment is one of the most important decisions you will make when planning your big day. After all, you want your guests to have a great time and dance the night away. But with so many different options available, it can be tough to know where to start. It also doesn’t have to always be about the music, you can get loads of different wedding entertainers!
That’s why it’s important to ask the right questions of potential wedding entertainment providers. By asking these questions, you can get a better sense of their experience, style, and availability. And you can be sure that you’re choosing the right entertainment for your wedding.
It’s also important to remember that putting “wedding entertainment near me” into Google, isn’t always going to get you what you want. A lot of people go with what people think they want, but not a lot of couples go with what they want so if you’re planning to get married, make sure it’s all about you.
I would suggest that if you’re looking for unique wedding entertainment for your big day, go to a few wedding shows or wedding fares and see what’s on offer in your area, get quotes from them all and make sure you ask them the questions below either in person or via an email.
30 Questions To Ask Wedding Entertainment
Here are 30 questions to ask about wedding entertainment:
- What is your experience with weddings?
- What is your style of music?
- What is your availability?
- What is your pricing?
- What is your cancellation policy?
- Do you have any additional fees?
- Do you have any equipment requirements?
- How many people will be in your band or DJ crew?
- What is your dress code?
- Do you have any dietary restrictions?
- Can you provide references?
- Can you provide a demo CD or video?
- Can you customise your setlist to fit our needs?
- Can you play specific songs?
- Can you accommodate our special requests?
- Can you provide sound and lighting?
- Can you set up and tear down your equipment?
- Will you be available for rehearsal?
- Will you be available for the cocktail hour?
- Will you be available for the reception?
- Will you be available for the after-party?
- What happens if you get sick or injured?
- What happens if there is bad weather?
- What happens if there is a power outage?
- What happens if there is a technical difficulty?
- What happens if we are not happy with your performance?
- What happens if we need to make changes to our plans?
- What happens if we need to cancel our event?
- What happens if we need to reschedule our event?
- Do you have any other questions for us?
Most professional wedding entertainers will have all of this information to hand, they’ll maybe know it to memory as they’ve been asked it a lot and if a wedding entertainment company doesn’t even say they can send the information via email if they don’t know it in person, move on to the next person!
The questions above are generic wedding entertainment questions so don’t feel like you have to use them all. We gave our photographers a meal at our wedding but the wedding entertainment didn’t arrive until after the meal so they got to enjoy some of the evening food.
Unique Wedding Entertainment Ideas
Finding the right wedding entertainment is key in my books. My partner was more worried about the photographer whereas I wanted to know who was going to keep everyone entertained and I wanted to find an amazing wedding entertainer and that’s how we ended up with a caricature.
Take a look at some of the wedding entertainment ideas below and maybe find something amazing that would be great for your wedding day! I’d love to get married again, to my current partner of course, just so I could do it all again and have even more fun. I do keep telling him we should renew our vows soon though!
- A live band. A live band is a great way to get your guests up and dancing. You can choose a band that plays your favourite music, or you can hire a band that specializes in weddings. These can be so fun, we did look at a couple of singers we liked but they were way too expensive!
- A DJ. A DJ is a great option if you want to have a variety of music at your wedding. DJs can also provide sound and lighting, which can make your wedding reception even more festive. With our experience with DJs, I would stress to ask them as many questions as possible, get a pen and pad and write everything down!
- A caricaturist. A caricaturist is a great way to add a touch of fun and humour to your wedding. They can draw caricatures of your guests, which they will love to take home as a souvenir. We went with this one and everyone loved their photos, the only downside is there have been some breakups since and pictures aren’t the best memory.
- A magician. A magician is a great way to add some wow factor to your wedding. They can perform tricks that will amaze and entertain your guests. It all depends on if you like magic!
- A photo booth. A photo booth is a great way for your guests to take fun and memorable photos at your wedding. You can provide props and costumes to make the photos even more creative. We weren’t a fan of these but we know people love them!
- A karaoke machine. A karaoke machine is a great way for your guests to let loose and have some fun. They can sing their hearts out to their favourite songs. Just ask one question, can your guests actually sing?
- A dance party. A dance party is a great way to get your guests up and moving. You can play your favourite music and let your guests dance the night away. Unless people are drinking a lot that is.
- A bonfire. A bonfire is a great way to create a warm and inviting atmosphere at your wedding. You can roast marshmallows, tell stories, and sing songs around the fire. This is a great option but you need to check with your venue before even thinking about it.
- A stargazing party. A stargazing party is a great way to enjoy the beauty of the night sky with your loved ones. You can lie back on the grass and gaze up at the stars. Great for the country, not so much for the middle of Manchester city centre.
I hope you found some cool unique wedding entertainment ideas there, did I mention I want to get married again?
Tips for Choosing Wedding Entertainment
If you’re looking for some great wedding entertainment ideas I have some more tips for you. I’ve put them in bullet points below but the two main suggestions I have is to shop around, get quotes and make sure someone isn’t robbing you blind and taking all your money!
If you’re looking for niche wedding entertainment then make sure you start your search early, I’m talking a year before you get married because unique wedding entertainment can be booked out pretty far in advance because everyone wants something different and memorable at their wedding.
Here are some additional tips for choosing wedding entertainment:
- Start your search early. The best wedding entertainment providers book up months in advance.
- Get multiple quotes. Don’t just go with the first wedding entertainment provider you find. Get quotes from several different providers so you can compare prices and services.
- Ask for references. Once you’ve narrowed down your choices, ask for references from past clients. This will give you a good idea of the quality of the wedding entertainment provider’s work. You can normally find very good reviews on the internet so look there.
- Trust your gut. When you meet with wedding entertainment providers, pay attention to your gut instinct. If you don’t feel comfortable with a particular provider, don’t hire them.
How Much Does Wedding Entertainment Cost?
The cost of wedding entertainment in the UK can vary depending on the type of entertainment you choose, the length of time you need the entertainment for, and the experience of the entertainer. However, you can expect to pay anywhere from £200 to £2,000 for wedding entertainment.
Our wedding entertainment cost us £500, we didn’t pay for the terrible DJ as it was included with the venue. You might be thinking, £500 is a lot for a cartoon artist but it’s actually pretty cheap and we got a deal as we knew the person. If you want great wedding entertainment or unique wedding entertainment you might have to pay more.
Just remember, choosing the right wedding entertainment is an important decision, but it doesn’t have to be stressful. By asking the right questions and following these tips, you can be sure that you’re choosing the perfect entertainment for your big day.
I hope you found this wedding entertainment questions post helpful. If you did, let us know in the comments. We had an amazing wedding day, bar a couple of hiccups, and we hope you have an amazing one as well! You can also add this post to Pinterest or share it with your friends or family who might be getting married soon!